Skip to main content

It's 4:30 a.m. Do you know where your internal clock is?

Time has no meaning when your schedule is your own. When I'm left to my own devices, which used to only be on weekends, I'm inclined to stay up until 3 or 4 a.m., then sleep until about 11 a.m. I'm going to have to do some serious resetting of my internal clock when I'm back to work.

Up until Saturday I was spending my nights in a theatre at the Edmonton International Film Festival. Check out my review blog for my comments on the movies I've seen. All 1,255 minutes of them. It was nine days/nights well spent. Festival movies are by nature a bit more skewed than wide release movies. Not that I'd care to write a movie about a 12 year old neighbour girl who happens to be a vampire or explore what my bowels would say if I were struck down by cancer -- but I believe such exposure to stories without boundaries did help widen my own creative thoughtzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...*snort* wha - What?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture Puzzler

A friend sent me another picture from the wrap party. As I looked at it, and recalled the good times, I was struck by something really unusual. See if you can spot it: I'll give you all some time to guess...

Dear Canada Post:

I have a complaint regarding two Canada Post Employees. One of the employees accepted my money when I have been told it is against Canada Post policy to do so, and the other employee escalated my query call into this complaint letter. I wish to be reimbursed for the money the employee erroneously accepted from me, and to inform you of the glitch in your customer service line. The Background: 1) On January 29, 2010, I went to Canada Post at 1032 Pape Avenue, Toronto Ontario. I gave the Canada Post Employee there (I do not have this employee’s name, and will refer to her as Pape Employee) a package I wished sent to Alberta. I told her that my package was a bottle of wine, and asked “Can I send wine – do people send wine in the mail?” Before she responded, I continued to explain that I put it in bubble wrap and a cardboard wine container (a cylindrical tube, a little over a foot high and a couple of inches in circumference, which I wrapped in brown paper and addressed to the recipi...

Batten down the hatches -- we're in it for the long haul!

Given that the weather reports for Edmonton this weekend are grim grim grim (lows of minus 33, highs of minus 25 -- with wind chills of around minus 35 to 40), I woke up early this morning to get all errands for the weekend out of the way in one fell swoop. I barely needed a coat this morning as I headed out to my car to embark on my mission. With each passing hour, the thermometer dipped a degree or twelve. By time I was done driving around (and paused to catch a movie at the neighbourhood googolplex), it was chill-lay outside. I am now snuggly boarded up in my apartment, with no plans to so much as peek my nose out my window until Tuesday (when the temps shall return to a balmy minus 15). Groceries? Check. Toiletries? Check. Magazines to curl up with? Check. Christmas Presents? Check. Lessee, I got my father what he's been asking for since I was old enough for him to give me his Christmas wish list: And I think my mother will enjoy her bungalow by the stream: For my sister and he...