Skip to main content

More Merry Decorating!

I have put my tree up! =)

Okay, so "up" means all 2 foot 4 inches of Christmas tree if one counts the star topper.

I really enjoy turning out the room lights to take pictures of Xmas lights.

Of course, the last time I took such a picture it was of my parents' Xmas tree...

(Yes, Santa is riding a tricycle past the front of their tree.)

Shortly after I snapped this picture, one of my parents' man-eating Rottweilers -- I mean Papillons came racing up the stairs from his cushy night-time dent in my mother's comforter to chase me away from the tree. Followed shortly, I'm sorry to say, by my mother wondering why her carnivorous bauble was shattering the silence of her night with its shrill yapping.

I denied knowing what the dog's problem was (which philosophically is true, as the creature is a few treats short of a Scooby-snack) and my mom turned sleepily back towards her bedroom ... I suspect figuring she was not in fact awake anyway.





Confident my own apartment was relatively toy-breed-free, I decorated the place, turned off the lights, and snapped my pictures.


(See Puff? He has a place of honour on my bookshelf for the holidays)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE YOUR BLOGS.... THS ONE MAKES ME FEEL
HAPPY AND FESTIVE.

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture Puzzler

A friend sent me another picture from the wrap party. As I looked at it, and recalled the good times, I was struck by something really unusual. See if you can spot it: I'll give you all some time to guess...

Dear Canada Post:

I have a complaint regarding two Canada Post Employees. One of the employees accepted my money when I have been told it is against Canada Post policy to do so, and the other employee escalated my query call into this complaint letter. I wish to be reimbursed for the money the employee erroneously accepted from me, and to inform you of the glitch in your customer service line. The Background: 1) On January 29, 2010, I went to Canada Post at 1032 Pape Avenue, Toronto Ontario. I gave the Canada Post Employee there (I do not have this employee’s name, and will refer to her as Pape Employee) a package I wished sent to Alberta. I told her that my package was a bottle of wine, and asked “Can I send wine – do people send wine in the mail?” Before she responded, I continued to explain that I put it in bubble wrap and a cardboard wine container (a cylindrical tube, a little over a foot high and a couple of inches in circumference, which I wrapped in brown paper and addressed to the recipi...

Batten down the hatches -- we're in it for the long haul!

Given that the weather reports for Edmonton this weekend are grim grim grim (lows of minus 33, highs of minus 25 -- with wind chills of around minus 35 to 40), I woke up early this morning to get all errands for the weekend out of the way in one fell swoop. I barely needed a coat this morning as I headed out to my car to embark on my mission. With each passing hour, the thermometer dipped a degree or twelve. By time I was done driving around (and paused to catch a movie at the neighbourhood googolplex), it was chill-lay outside. I am now snuggly boarded up in my apartment, with no plans to so much as peek my nose out my window until Tuesday (when the temps shall return to a balmy minus 15). Groceries? Check. Toiletries? Check. Magazines to curl up with? Check. Christmas Presents? Check. Lessee, I got my father what he's been asking for since I was old enough for him to give me his Christmas wish list: And I think my mother will enjoy her bungalow by the stream: For my sister and he...